Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mexico and Mixed Feelings

Our awesome week-long Mexican fiesta begins soon, and I am having mixed feelings!

Don't get me wrong - I am totally excited to be spending a week on the beach with my husband. I'm having mixed feelings about not seeing Lauren for a week, though! I know she'll be fine, I'm really worried about how I am going to do without her. I've been focusing on the positives, but now that it's literally days away I am getting more nervous about being away from her for so long. The positives are that Troy and I will have some quality time together without being parents, which I think all parents need. We'll get to go out to dinner and be able to eat and talk to each other. We'll get to hang out with friends, spend all day on the beach or go on the jungle zip-line and not be preoccupied with keeping Lauren on her schedule. But, we love her more than anything in the world, and being away from her will be hard. I'm pretty sure I will cry all day Sunday when she leaves for St. Louis. I've been told by other mommies that I can't cry in front of her, otherwise it'll upset her. So I have to pretend to be excited that she is going away. I know she'll have fun - she'll get to chase a puppy for a week straight. She'll be totally spoiled and probably will come back with more toys and clothes than she needs. But there is still that part of me that is really nervous about us being apart.

The other mixed feeling I am having is that the company I worked for has revoked their policy of a mandatory week off work if you travel to Mexico in order to prevent the Swine Flu from spreading. I can use the money, and the only reason I was worried about having that week off was that I would have two small paychecks and that would be rough. BUT, the awesome part was that I'd have to stay home with Lauren. After being away from her for a week, I was really going to enjoy that! Now, I have to return to work. It'll probably be good to get Lauren back into her routine, and it's only 4 days instead of 5. I will have a hard time that first day back though! After not spending much time with her, it's all we're going to want to do when we hit the ground in Louisville.

For the last six months I've been counting down until our trip. I think once Lauren and I are separated, I'll be counting down until I see her again! I will enjoy the vacation and try not to spend my time worrying about her and wondering if she misses us. I think having a week to relax, catch up on sleep, and spend quality time with my husband will make me an even better mom because I'll be refreshed!

When I return from vacation, I'm sure I will have a LOT to write about - on this blog and on Lauren's! And tons of pictures to post - it will be very exciting!

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to see all the pics from Mexico!!! i love beaches!

    hey, what is your address? i'll send you and troy a wedding invite!

    ReplyDelete